Ship Station Licence
Sailing boats and motor yachts that frequently leave their own territorial waters very often require a ship station licence.
Depending were the yacht is registered, we can arrange for the ship station licence. For example : The Dutch ship station licence is issued by the Netherlands Telecom Agency, a department of the Dutch Ministry of Economicalaffairs. None Dutch nationals cannot apply for a licence with the Telecom Agency directly, but need to do so through an appointed representative or yacht manager.
On basis of basic information such as specific data on the boat and its owner(s), the Telecom Agency issues a ship station licence that consists of at least a unique :
- Call sign number
- Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) number
- Automatic Transmitter Identification System (ATIS) number
Depending on the type of equipment on-board of the ship, specific radio transmitter number are issued for each transmitter. Equipment which can be registered in the ship station licence are :
If all goes smoothly and well, the ship station licences can be issued within 24 hours after application, followed by a conformation in writing, which is sent through good old fashioned snail mail.
Our ship station licence services
As yacht managers we apply for the licence and manage the registration on behalf of the client.
The management of the ship station licence consists of :
- change the name of the boat, if the ship is renamed
- updating (new) transmission equipment is installed or removed
- recording any new external features of the boat such a new colours below or above the waterline, colour of the new sails, etc
- owner update, in case the boat is sold
- payment of periodical taxes and/or levies